Diane Currie Sam, MA (C. Psych), BSc. is an award-winning educator and business women. She is the founder/owner of Open Circles Solutions (dba “Be a Better Story”), an education and coaching company dedicated to bringing storytelling into business/marketing.
She is also an innovator in the retail products industry, having invented MoBoleez breastfeeding hats and launching them into hundreds of retail stores worldwide.
Not only is she a ‘story geek’ and well-known storyteller, she is also a self-professed “techie”, having launched her career as the founder and developer of two successful Canadian Internet/technology firms, Infinity Internet (aquired by Cyberion Networking Corp.) and Digital Ripple Services, helping clients worldwide develop profitable web sites during the heyday of the original Internet years.
She is also a family therapist and counsellor, having worked with women and families at Catholic Family Services and Fraser River Counselling Centre in British Columbia.
An engaging, award-winning course developer and adult educator, she is a former radio show host (yes, one of the “The CyberSisters” on the HomeBiz radio network) and a current mother of two. She has a Master’s Degree (MA) in counselling psychology from Trinity Western University, and a Bachelor’s of Science degree from the University of British Columbia.
- 20 years experience in founding and building profitable businesses, including 6 yrs developing two profitable mom/baby companies
- Author of the award winning educational program “Becoming a Radical Poet” (TWU), and author/writer for the “Café Au Lait” mommy blog
- Instructor and course developer for : University of British Columbia, Capilano Community College, Vancouver Coastal Health EFAP
- Graduate of the “Leader to Luminary” Magnetize/Mesmerize and Monetize your Audience series, “Lifestyle Selling for Women”, “Adult Educator Certificate” (University of BC), “President’s Club Status” (Sandler Sales Institute)
- Certified Money Breakthrough Method Coach and Member of The Association of Women in Business Coaching
- Bachelor of Science, University of B.C (honours), Masters of Arts, Counselling Psych (MA, honours, with great distinction) from Trinity Western University.
Honours & Awards
Trinity Western University
Diane was honoured to be chosen to deliver the keynote valedictorian address at the 2003 commencement ceremonies at Trinity Western University. Top Graduate student across all disciplines.
Award presented to inventors of consumer products that truly stand out in the market place. Expert and consumer review panel. (Aug 2008)